Re: lmodern package ready for teTeX 3 and upgrades from sarge

Hi Florent!

Thanks for the comments, I hope we could work out, together with Ralf
and the others, a nice "TeX font packaging best practice" ...

On Son, 09 Okt 2005, Florent Rougon wrote:
> Also, some comments on your scripts:
>   [postinst]
>   - you're calling mktexlsr before update-updmap; but update-updmap will
>     create map files that updmap will try to locate using kpathsea;

cmsuper depends on tex-common. So tex-common is installed and
configured, and thus update-updmap is already called. Furthermore,
update-updmap does NOT generate any mapfiles! It only updates/changes
the config file under /var/lib/texmf. So calling mktexlsr before or
after does not change anything. But it also doesn't hurt.

>   [postrm]
>   - I think if you purge your package, you will do twice the same thing,
>     because dpkg removes before purging;

True, it is in process of revamping (as I have done it to texinfo,
texlive already, next is cm-super).

>   - you appear to think nothing should be done on disappear? I think the
>     package gets removed and therefore, the map files should be updated
>     accordingly;

Did you look at the debian/sid package? (Not the one from tug!). THere
have been several changes till the final -1 in debian. I call mktexlsr,
update-updmap and updmap(-sys), this should be enough to fix all map
files.

>   - why "exit 0" in case the parameter isn't correct? I think it is a
>     serious problem if that happens (dpkg violating Policy...).

True, thanks for spotting this.

> > I did install the files into /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts..., as I don't see
> > what makes a big difference in installing the fonts or only links.
>
> Because data in /usr/share can be shared among various machines,
> whatever their architectures, and this is OK for font files.

Ok, will reshuffle this. In fact I will put the afm files also into
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/... and make links to /usr/X11R6/...

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate all critics on my
packages, as I am quiete new in packaging stuff!

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
JARROW (adj.)
An agricultural device which, when towed behind a tractor, enables the
farmer to spread his dung evenly across the width of the road.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff