Re: SVN tetex commit: r150 and r151

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:
>
>>> So you mean there actually is a problem?
>>>
>> Well, it was at the time when I tried to upgrade from something like
>> tetex-base 3.0-3 to the most recent one. I could not install the
>> latest tex-common together with the old version as both contain the
>> soft link /usr/share/texmf/ls-R.

[...]
> Ah, you're right.  My problem was that 0.7 is not available for the
> sarge backports on people.debian.org, and so I still have 0.6
> installed.

It is available now.

>> To make it completely clean tex-common 0.7 should conflict with a
>> tetex-base still containing the link.
>
> I think it just needs Replaces - but I'll think it over later today.

And it already declares:

Replaces: tetex-base (<= 3.0-7)

and in fact dpkg says:

Unpacking replacement tex-common ...
Replacing files in old package tetex-base ...
Setting up tex-common (0.7) ...

Therefore, I cannot reproduce the problem.  The question is: Have you
been using some intermediate versions, or is there something else that
depends on the order of installation?