Re: SVN tetex commit: r150 and r151

On 26.09.05 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi all,

> > in these two commits one ls-R file moved from tetex-base to
> > tex-common.
> >
> > 1. In tetex-base there is no changelog entry yet.
>
> Thanks for spotting this.  Do you keep a list?  Those changes where
> somewhen in August!

It hit me when I tried to upgrade to the latest teTeX 3.0 package
from experimental. Then I started looking at the SVN and found no
entry in the changelog although it was fixed.

> > 2. The Conflicts- and Replaces-lines are not yet set accordingly.
>
> The actual files in /var/, as well as the symlink in
> /usr/local/share/texmf are created by maintainer scripts and not
> included in the deb, whereas /usr/share/texmf/ls-R still belongs to
> tetex-base.  Why do you think that a Replaces is necessary?

I still don't understand when one have to use Conflicts and when to
use Replaces. One reason, why I did not apply to the New maintainers
process. ;-|

H.
--
Maj. Bloodnok:	Seagoon, you're a coward!
Seagoon:	Only in the holiday season.