Re: SVN tetex commit: r150 and r151

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

>> So you mean there actually is a problem?
>>
> Well, it was at the time when I tried to upgrade from something like
> tetex-base 3.0-3 to the most recent one. I could not install the
> latest tex-common together with the old version as both contain the
> soft link /usr/share/texmf/ls-R.

frank@alhambra:~$ dpkg -S usr/share/texmf/ls-R
tetex-base: /usr/share/texmf/ls-R
frank@alhambra:~$ dpkg -l tetex-base tex-common
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
ii  tetex-base               3.0-7                    Basic library files of teTeX
ii  tex-common               0.6                      Common infrastructure for using and building TeX in Debian

Ah, you're right.  My problem was that 0.7 is not available for the
sarge backports on people.debian.org, and so I still have 0.6
installed.

> To make it completely clean tex-common 0.7 should conflict with a
> tetex-base still containing the link.

I think it just needs Replaces - but I'll think it over later today.