Re: new cm-super package available (with md5sum and pfb under dpkg hack)

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@physik.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:

> Norbert Preining wrote:
>>
>> But how can I check on the existence of updmap-sys? There is a lot of
>>  discussion in the maint guide (afair), but no definitive answer.
>
> The debhelper script for X11 font installation uses:
>
> if which update-fonts-dir >/dev/null 2>&1; then
> 	update-fonts-scale Type1;update-fonts-dir Type1
> fi
>
> I would expect this to be policy compliant.

If you depend on debianutils, which provide /usr/bin/which - I don't
think that "which" is POSIX, and therefore dash and posh won't
understand it.  Something along

if [ -e "`which update-updmap 2>/dev/null`" ] || \
  [ -x /usr/bin/update-updmap ] || \
  [ -x /usr/sbin/update-updmap ]; then

might do.  We do have such bashisms/debianutils-isms in tetex, too.