Re: new cm-super package available (with md5sum and pfb under dpkg hack)

Hi, Norbert and others interested in cm-super.

I have just downloaded version 0.3.3-4 of cm-super and I am installing
it right now.

That being said, I have already been using your version 0.3.3-3 without
any problems so far, with Frank's tetex-3.0 backported to sarge
(actually, I am tracking testing, with just occasional packages from
other sources).

On Sep 25 2005, Norbert Preining wrote:
> A new cm-super package (0.3.3-4) is available on tug which has the
> following advantages:
> - small distribution size by using the t1c format
> - the actual font files .pfb are under dpkg control
> - the md5sums are right

The best of both worlds (getting the smaller download and the files
under dpkg control). I think that it is in a state that it could be
already uploaded to Debian's repository.

The only thing that I would like to suggest is to see if the user has
tetex 2.0 installed (which is probably the case for users of Debian, up
to unstable) and use utilities like updmap instead of the updmap-sys
(the "-sys" versions are only available in tetex >= 3.0, as far as I
know).

This way, the package would be of use for an even greater audience.

> Yes, I did it. I hacked around it. If you want to see how, here is the
> relevant part from the debian/rules file:
(...)
Nice and quite simple hack.

Thanks for your efforts, Rogério.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/