Re: tetex-base: Why does it depend on texinfo?

> Some formats are not tried to build (not available, that's o.k.). The
> following are tried to build, but fail:
>
> mex-pl, pdfmex-pl

That's a bug. The problem is that the relevant pool files need some
special tools, so they can't be build during a regular build. I update
them manually. Will try for the next version (and of course for the
final release).

> Furthermore, aleph is rebuild every time "fmtutil --missing" is called,
> but builds successfully every time (according to the log messages, and
> according to

I guess that there was some bug which went away by making all formats
*.fmt (instead of .fmt, .efmt, .afmt, ...). This bug is not present in
the current beta.

Thanks for your report,

Thomas