Re: For the historians: Do we still need the Conflicts: on tetex-lib?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Hm, we probably should keep it for sarge, because someone might have
> upgraded from potato to woody incompletely, and left the tetex packages
> untouched. Is there some policy on that?

AFAIK, the "policy" is that nobody can force you to work in order to
make direct upgrades from 'release' to 'release' + n with n >= 2 smooth,
but if you want to support that, of course you are free to do so.

(an incomplete potato -> woody upgrade that is followed by a -> sarge
upgrade is partially a potato -> sarge direct upgrade, for that matter)

--
Florent