Re: For the historians: Do we still need the Conflicts: on tetex-lib?

On 26.03.04 Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:
> From: Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr>

Hi,

> > The only occurrence of tetex-lib in woody and sid's
> > /var/lib/dpkg/available files (with main, contrib and non-free) are in
> > libkpathsea3's stanza: the Provides, Replaces and Conflicts you
> > mentioned.
> >
> > > we drop this, since for sure it wasn't in the last two stable releases?
> >
> > I think it is safe to drop it now. Not that I consider myself an
> > historian, though...
>
> It seemed in very old days (before slink) tetex had provided
> kpathsea libraries as tetex-dev package in section tex(!) and only
> as static library(?).

Agree. It was only a static library and was available in slink and
hamm. bo and rex IIRC didn't have teTeX, but another TeX
implementation.

> In potato, it was renamed as (!)tetex-lib(!) and moved in section
> libs, further, it seemed it shipped shared library for the first
> time(?).

I couldn't check potato as it was not available on
archive.debian.org. My old potato CD's are not readable any more.
IIRC there was a shared lib provided together with teTeX.

H.
--
War hath no fury like a non-combatant.
		-- Charles Edward Montague