Re: lmodern fonts and sarge

From: Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr>
Subject: Re: lmodern fonts and sarge
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 13:43:37 +0100

> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi all,

> I am not sure lmodern is going to render the tetex packages arbitrarily
> complicated and I have the impression this has already been discussed.

>From very different point of view, I feel that

if lmodern supports defoma very well then new tetex
packages without lmodern stuffs and to keep lmodern
as a separate package might be possible idea, IMHO.

Further, it might be also possible idea that we separate
some fonts stuffs out of tetex-base and create tetex-fonts
or something similar package which will support defoma
and of course will include lmodern.

But a problem is; once I tried to investigate defoma
a bit but failed to understand it so I'm afraid I can't
maintain such font package sufficiently well.

# Please note I don't recommend the above but only think
# that they might be worth while to discuss.

Is there anyone who knows defoma sufficiently in details?

Regards,			 2004-2-3(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima