plan of next upload (was: Re: po-debconf template for tetex-bin)

On 03.10.03 Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp) wrote:

Hi all,

> problem of upgrading pxfonts might need a bit more investigation, I
> guess.

Well, we had a thread started on Sep 15 by me about that (Subject was
"#197870, #197891, #197954"). It was confusing as I didn't know so
much about debconf. My final solution was to ask the question about
removing /etc/texmf/dvips/updmap in the config-stage, but delay the
removal at least to the preinst stage. My guess was, that it doesn't
hurt us if we don't remove that file in the config stage, so we
should delay it until the prerm-skript of pxfonts has been executed.

Further: tetex-doc Recommends tetex-bin. I would as alternative
recommend dvi2tty. Additionally we need html-viewer, pdf-viewer,
postscript-viewer. So:

Recommends: tetex-bin (>> 2.0) | dvitty, pdf-viewer, postscript-viewer, www-browser

dvi2tty displays dvi-Files on a terminal without needing the whole
teTeX-stuff. The version in unstable is GPL.
Sorry, for speaking about that in this thread. I've deleted already
the other one from my HD.

H.
--
How much net work could a network work, if a network could net work?
  http://rudi.urz.tu-dresden.de/~hille/