Re: po-debconf template for tetex-bin

From: Tim Dijkstra <newsuser@famdijkstra.org>
Subject: po-debconf template for tetex-bin
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:16:02 +0200

> Hi,

> I've been translating the po-debconf template in dutch, if got two questions for you:
>
> 1) One of the items reads:

> #: ../templates:66
> msgid "users"
> msgstr "users"
>
> Is this string meant to be translated? It seems it is the name of a
> default group which is always called users.

I think you are right, so "_Default: users" is wrong?
(I remembered that this notation was generated automatically)
Anyway I beleieve you need not translate this string.

> 2) Should I sort this list in my own language, or would that break your scripts.
>
> #: ../templates:121
> msgid "bahasa, basque, british, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, finnish, greek, italian, latin, magyar, norsk[old], norsk[nohyphb.tex], norsk[nohyphbc.tex], polish, portuges, romanian, russian, slovak, slovene, spanish, turkish, ukrainian[ukrhyph.tex], ukrainian[ukrhyph.t2a], ukrainian[ukrhyph.lcy], ukrainian[ukrhyph.ot2]"
> msgstr "Indonesisch, Baskisch, Brits, Kroatisch, Tjechisch, Deens, Nederlands, Fins, Grieks, Italiaans, Latijn, Hongaars, Noors[oud], Noors[nohyphb.tex], Noors[nohyphbc.tex], Pools, Portugees, Roemeens, Russisch, Slowaaks, Sloveens, Spaans, Turks, Oekraïens[ukrhyph.tex], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.t2a], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.lcy], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.ot2]"

I know that translation of the list doesn't break the scripts
but I'm afraid the order of the list might be critical so sorting
could be bad.

I guess Christian would have more precise knowledge on this ;)

Thanks for your contribution.

Regards,			2003-10-2(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima