Re: Looking for an advocate

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> schrieb:

> From: frank@kuesterei.ch (Frank Küster)
> Subject: Looking for an advocate
> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:20:43 +0200
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a couple of days ago (but unfortunately expired in my mailer, and I
>> can't find it on lists.debian.org) Atsuhito asked wether Hilmar and I
>> were planning to become Debian Developers.
>
> Well, it was not in lists.debian.org because it was a
> private mail ;)  But it is no problem, I guess.

Ah, so I should have looked in my unsorted inbox...

>> I have been thinking about it, reading documents, and yes, I think I
>> should apply. Would you, Atsuhito, or anybody else on the list be
>> willing to by my advocate?
>
> Of course I'm willing to be your advocate.  But as I'm
> not a native speaker, I'm afraid there might be a bit
> problem of communication with AM.

Why do you think this might be a problem? Looking at your mails, you
don't write publication-ready english (nor do I), but it doesn't seem as
if it is a lot of work for you to say what you mean. If it is, have my
appreciation for your efforts - and then I understand you don't want to
bother much with AM communication.

If you simply fear that the AM himself would have problems with somebody
making mistakes in language - well, then I think we _should_ bother
him. Debian is an international project.

Anyway, Paul Telford, who uploaded a package I started maintaining
(completely non-TeX-related) also agreed to advocate me. On the other
hand, I think it can't be bad to have more than one, from different
circumstances or "workplaces".

> So if someone else (Julian or Claire?) has an intention
> to be an advocate, feel free to say so.

Of course I would be happy with anyone on debian-tetex-maint.

Thank you, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie