Re: dvipdfm

Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> In the latest teTeX 20021225 beta, dvipdfm was included and we Debian
> has already dvipdfm and dvipdfm-cjk packages.

> And it will be so in the next teTeX 2.0, I believe.

  [...]

> Then what is the best way to do.  Basically we package tetex-* in the
> way as the upstream teTeX provides ...

> ... I guess we can include dvipdfm in tetex-* packages as
> it is (i.e. without modification for Japanese support).

I don't care whether dvipdfm migrates into tetex.  If you want to keep
tetex as close to the upstream as possible, and include dvipdfm in the
next release, then go ahead and do it.  It will simplify integration of
dvipdfm into Debian's TeX setup, and it will eliminate the need for the
diversion that I added to the dvipdfm package to make it work with the
tetex packages.

If you do add dvipdfm to tetex in the future, please let me know, and
please release a new, empty dvipdfm package, which mentions this change in
its description and depends on the tetex package containing dvipdfm.

- Brian