Re: dvipdfm

From: brian@debian.org (Brian Mays)
Subject: Re: dvipdfm
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 11:33:34 -0500

> Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> > ... I guess we can include dvipdfm in tetex-* packages as
> > it is (i.e. without modification for Japanese support).
>
> I don't care whether dvipdfm migrates into tetex.  If you want to keep
> tetex as close to the upstream as possible, and include dvipdfm in the
> next release, then go ahead and do it.  It will simplify integration of
> dvipdfm into Debian's TeX setup, and it will eliminate the need for the
> diversion that I added to the dvipdfm package to make it work with the
> tetex packages.

I see.

> If you do add dvipdfm to tetex in the future, please let me know, and
> please release a new, empty dvipdfm package, which mentions this change in
> its description and depends on the tetex package containing dvipdfm.

Of course we will contact you when we release tetex including
dvipdfm but, if possible, please upload dummy dvipdfm package
at that time.

BTW, do you modify dvipdfm aside from Japanese support?
I guess it supports libpaper, right?

If possible, please send a patch if any.

Thanks for your cooperation.      2003.1.6(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima