Re: dvipdfm

From: Yu Guanghui <ygh@dlut.edu.cn>
Subject: Re: dvipdfm
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:47:29 +0800

> Hi all
>  dvipdfm-cjk has been renamed to dvipdfmx by upstream, I am planing to
> upload new dvipdfmx package and ask ftpmaster to remove dvipdfm-cjk from
> the pool. New dvipdfmx package will not replace dvipdfm, it doesn't
> share anything with dvipdfm.

Sounds good!  Then Chinese/Japanese/Korean users would
not have much inconvenience if tetex-* packages shipped
out dvipdfm.

>   But I prefer to keep a standlone dvipdfm package.

Hmm, I guess we can include dvipdfm in tetex-* packages as
it is (i.e. without modification for Japanese support).

I believe only that the next dvipdfmx should adopt
the modification, which dvipdfm did, to read a
"fontmaps" file after the "config" file.
This is essentially important for related font packages.
(Sorry if it already did this).

Thanks,			      2003.1.2(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima