Re: dvipdfm

Hi all
dvipdfm-cjk has been renamed to dvipdfmx by upstream, I am planing to upload new dvipdfmx package and ask ftpmaster to remove dvipdfm-cjk from the pool. New dvipdfmx package will not replace dvipdfm, it doesn't share anything with dvipdfm. But I prefer to keep a standlone dvipdfm package. Yu Guanghi

Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

Hi all,

In the latest teTeX 20021225 beta, dvipdfm was included
and we Debian has already dvipdfm and dvipdfm-cjk packages.

And it will be so in the next teTeX 2.0, I believe.

dvipdfm was modified to support, at least, Japanese and
dvipdfm-cjk was modified in another way to support Chinese/Japanes/Korean.

Then what is the best way to do.  Basically we package
tetex-* in the way as the upstream teTeX provides but I'm afraid that if we do so with dvipdfm too, then users might suffer some inconvenience or damage.

We need cooperation, perhaps. If someone has any idea, please let me/us know.

Thanks,			 2003.1.1(Wed)