Re: tetex-bin/base change in CVS

> > If everything goes okay, I will upgrade to teTeX-beta within a
> > few (or several) days.
>
> I guess I could prepare to upgrade tetex-bin/base but I would
> like to know how to cvs-upgrade for safety.

I first did "cvs-upgrade -Mdebian/tetex-bin tetex-bin 1.0.7+20021025"
and it looked to work but when I cvs checked it out, it didn't
include debian directory.  (I might created some unnecessary
directory in CVS repository.)

But after that, I did "cvs-upgrade tetex-bin 1.0.7+20021025"
and everything went well, I guess.  Same as tetex-base but
there were some missing files and/or directories when I cvs checked
it out.

It seemed formerly deleted files were missing (e.x. booktabs.dvi)
and empty directories too.

I tried to add these as possible as I can but I might overlooked
some files or directories.

Some remarks:
- if there are any CVS subdirectory in a new *.orig.tar.gz then
cvs-upgrade caused an error.

- if there are any symlinks in a new *.orig.tar.gz then
cvs-upgrade caused an error.

Both occured really with tetex-bin.  There were many symlinks in
original source so I deleted them before generating orig.tar.gz
and restored them with modified restore-symlinks in rules.
(There might be more better way but I couldn't guess any other
method.)

And there were 2 CVS directories
./texk/xdvik/CVS
./texk/xdvik/texmf/CVS
and I deleted them too.

I doubt that CVS is really effective to maintain tetex packages
with group of maintainers.

Best regards,			2002/11/19

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.