Re: New upload of the teTeX packages<Pine.NEB.4.33.0103242256010.13340-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de> <Pine.NEB.4.33.0103251056130.23882-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>

Hi,

 <[🔎] Pine.NEB.4.33.0103251056130.23882-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Masayuki Hatta wrote:

> > o Added Japanese support to xdvi and dvips

> BTW:
> - What's wrong with the xdvik-ja package?
> - It seems there was a dvipsk-ja package that is no longer in the archive.
>   Does anyone know the history of this package?

I don't know so much about xdvik-ja, sorry.  My first intension was to
merge dvipsk-ja into tetex-bin.

Now I maintains dvipsk-ja package in Debian JP.  AFAIK this package
had never been a part of Debian itself(I may be wrong, since several
people had been involved with this package before I took it over).

This version is based on dvipsk 5.78x, which was a stand alone version
then(not a part of teTeX distribution).  5.78 is obviously obsolete,
and I heard it can't be built on Alpha.

Recently ASCII Corp. (a company which developed not only Japanese
localized TeX called ASCII pTeX, but also this Japanese support patch
for dvipsk) released new version of the patch under GPL(once it was
under pretty restrictive license, but I convinced them to change it to
DFSG-free one) and it is based on dvips 5.86x.  So now I need to use
the tetex source to build dvipsk-ja.  That's why I think of merging
the patch into tetex-bin.

BTW I can ITP the old dvipsk-ja 5.78 at any moment.  How do you think?

--
Masayuki Hatta
University of Tokyo