Re: New upload of the teTeX packages

On Sun, 25 Mar 2001, Masayuki Hatta wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Masayuki,

> Well, if you actually choose (I mean consciously) to keep using
> debhelper v1 mode, that's alright.  I thought the package just became
> obsolete and no one didn't follow the changes of debhelper...

the one who has to make such decisions is not me but Christoph who is the
main maintainer of the tetex-* packages.

> > It would perhaps be more important if someone would work on using debconf.
>
> Do we really need to use debconf?  For what?

Sorry, my answer was a bit short. I was especially thinking about asking
the user if he wants write permissions on the ls-R files.

> > > BTW it was too tough for me to divide tetex-bin, but I really think we
> > > should do(it's too big!).  At least we should separate xdvi(depends on
> > > X) and dvips(magicfilter etc. wants only this, a wishlist bug already
> > > filed) from tetex-bin.
>
> > There were ideas of a big reorganisation of the tetex-* packages. That's
> > better than to split this or that program from one of the packages (but I
> > think this should be done with several people working on it and it's
> > something that is too late for woody).
>
> Hmm.  If somebody is working on it, I gladly withdraw my proposal.

No, it seems there's noone currently working on it.  :-(
That's something we should work on in the near future.

> Best regards,
> MH

cu
Adrian

--

Nicht weil die Dinge schwierig sind wagen wir sie nicht,
sondern weil wir sie nicht wagen sind sie schwierig.