Re: New upload of the teTeX packages <Pine.NEB.4.33.0103242256010.13340-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>

Hi,

 <[🔎] Pine.NEB.4.33.0103242256010.13340-100000@tethys.fachschaften.tu-muenchen.de>
> Hi,

> I plan to do a new upload of the tetex-* packages tomorrow to upgrade
> tetex-bin to the beta version 20001218 and to fix some of the bugs in the
> packages. Please tell me if anyone else is already working on new
> packages.

Great!  I'm tweaking tetex-bin too, so if you like some of my hacks, I
can help you (not finished yet, so I think you should upload your
package anyway)

What I was trying are:

o Move to 20001218 beta

o Move to debhelper v3

joeyh recommended this.

o Patch-And-Tarball structure

Like libc6 package, source package contains only pristine source
tarball and patches, not unpacked sources.  I mean:

$ ls tetex-bin-1.0.7+20001218

debian/
prep.sh
teTeX-src-beta-20001218.tar.gz
version

and prep.sh(called from debian/rules) would take care of unpacking
tarball, applying patchs, etc.

I think, by this re-organization, updating package will be more easier
for maintainers.  Also this will make our changes in Debian package
more obvious.

o Added Japanese support to xdvi and dvips

I'll talk about it in a separate mail.

BTW it was too tough for me to divide tetex-bin, but I really think we
should do(it's too big!).  At least we should separate xdvi(depends on
X) and dvips(magicfilter etc. wants only this, a wishlist bug already
filed) from tetex-bin.

Best regards,
MH

--