Re: Upgrading to kernel 2.6.8 with RAID 1 on SATA

David Huemer wrote:
> I solved the whole thing without a second HD. See
> http://www.debianforum.de/wiki/?page=Kernel+2.6 for a detailed description.

Thanks for the suggestion (and the translation of it), David, but it's
not the same problem.  My root filesystem is on a RAID 1 device, and i
can't just edit /etc/fstab.  However, i guess that boils down my
question a bit further: what's the equivalent to /etc/fstab for RAID
devices?  How can i do the equivalent of editing /etc/fstab with mdadm?

Philipp Kolmann wrote:
> well but this doesn't solve the problem, how to have a raid1 on boot.

RAID 1 on /boot is not actually the problem, its RAID 1 on /.  /boot
seems to work fine for some reason (perhaps it's only using the
underlying copy on the first drive).

--
Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>