Re: testing currently unusable ?

On Monday 28 July 2003 01:11, Richard Lamont wrote:

> The moment you start mixing in testing or unstable, this breaks,
> because before you know it the damn thing is installing a bleeding-edge
> libc6 when you least expect it and you're very soon into rpm-style
> dependency hell. And there's no security support.

Well you shouldn't mix packages. Just run unstable, it really works just fine.
And when you are sticking to one distro you don't get problems with
dependancies.

I would think a sollution for the desktop people would be to make a freeze of
unstable now and then, when it seems stable and won't break anything on
upgrading packages between freezes. Of course this would only be an x86
distro but that is just fine with me.

Anybody want to help setting this up?

We could call it "Debian Desktop". :-D

Anders

--
This email was generated using KMail from KDE 3.1.2 on Debian GNU/Linux