Re: New boot floppies for potato!

I did a quick try on my P90 with a few small drives, 16 megs ram, junky
monitor, basically my play system.  Kernel boots, root image loads,
filesystems configured easily (doh, didn't try repartitioning), but it
died on configuring the kernel/drivers.  Just gave me an error after it
read the last drivers disk.  I'm pretty sure it's a known bug, so I'll
wait until the next set are ready.  I also did a quick kernel test on the
dell inspiron.  It booted and seemed to detect things ok.  Didn't get to
the point of seeing how pcmcia was doing, and of course couldn't check if
X was supporting the video card.  Then there's that dang win modem in the
thing, grumble grumble.  In a nutshell, not too bad, and no new
discoveries.  I'll take the floppies into work next chance I get and see
how they handle some real hardware.

I should mention that the number of floppies bothers me.  I realize that a
bootable cd answers most of this, but there's still the feeling that we
are moving in the wrong direction.

Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197