Re: Latest install report

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 10:50:34PM +0000, Ian Redfern wrote:

> The asclock/afterstep conflict I raised as Bug #33233 is still there,
> though the bug was closed.

I submitted an important bug about this against boot-floppies.  I managed to
mispell boot-floppies, so the bug never got assinged to it... in fact, I
don't remember getting anything back from the BTS.  It's probably stuck in
someone's inbox...  I submitted a new bug.

> Nobody asked if I wanted wmaker as my default WM, so I just got icewm.

Interesting...  I assume wmaker was installed... I remember seeing that
insanity in hamm, the 'workstation standard' configuration installs every
single window manager under the sun...

> fvwm95 wasn't installed (it usually is).

Well, I guess something changed since hamm.

> xdm was installed without asking me if I wanted to boot with it.

that's how it works now.  If you don't want it, don't install it.  I don't
think it's wise to install that package in most configurations.

							Marcelo