dpkg-multicd, slink_cd and Extra virtual packages

I did a test install of Slink today using the CD images from
www.netgod.net; the results were mostly positive except for an
interesting problem I ran into with virtual packages and Extra
priority.

The following packages are on Disk 1 of the slink_cd-produced
CD images, but Depend upon mail-transport-agent:

exmh
smartlist
xmh
mailx
inn
at
mailto
fmirror
innfeed

I decided to install sendmail instead of exim. dpkg-multicd turned out
to not support this very well, as the installation of all the above
packages errored out because their dependancy upon
mail-transport-agent was not fulfilled (since sendmail, which would
have fulfilled it, was on Disk 2 because it was extra priority).

This wasn't a HUGE problem, but I had to run [C]onfigure from the
dselect menu after the install happened.

Is there any way dpkg-multicd can deal with this?

--
Brought to you by the letters X and Z and the number 8.
"Well, I think Perl should run faster than C.  :-)"