Re: A few observations

On Sun, 10 Jan 1999 11:25:47 -0800 (PST), esoR ocsirF <rosef@eou.edu> said:
> Compiled kernel-source-2.0.36 so that it supported my sound card
> (Mozart).  Method: cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36 make menuconfig
> make dep make clean make zImage make zlilo make modules make
> modules_install reboot

> In the past the sound devices (audio, dsp, etc) have always been
> created automatically. This time I had to run MAKEDEV audio to get
> them. Is this a bug, a quirk of my system or a new default?

You might try it using the 'recommended' way to build kernels, i.e.,
kernel-package.  The new Install Manual gives a little tutorial of
using kernel-package, and of course the package's own documentation
are most complete.

OTOH, I don't think anything in the kernel-package way will create the
/dev entries....