Re: Booting a Compaq 120MB floppy

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>>Steve, I think that would be wonderful.  Let me know if you need help
>>getting acccess to sources.  The 2.1.4 source version of the package
>>is pretty much a good base to work from; or CVS if you're really
>>ripping stuff up (would hope not).  Hopefully we can do it in a pretty
>>robust way.  I'm not really clear on what is happening here -- does
>>the device look like /dev/fd0 at initial boot (i.e., bios access) and
>>then later becomes /dev/hdc ?
>
>I guess so, but it's a weird /dev/hdc to say the least - it reports two
>sizes...! I'll have a closer look and get back to you, but it may take a
>few days as this is on a friend's machine, not my own. I don't do IDE
>normally, it feels so _dirty_ :-)

I'll have to admit defeat on this for now. Without having easy access to
such a device I can't really do much. And the next time I get this will be
sometime in February. Can anyboy else help, or should we just put a
prominent warning in the manual that this is not supported yet?

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------