A few observations

Greetings all,

I have a working slink install (thats what I am using at the moment :)
but I have noticed a few quirks that don't seem to be listed in the bug
lists.

Compiled kernel-source-2.0.36 so that it supported my sound card (Mozart).
Method:
	cd /usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.36
	make menuconfig
	make dep
	make clean
	make zImage
	make zlilo
	make modules
	make modules_install
	reboot

In the past the sound devices (audio, dsp, etc) have always been created
automatically. This time I had to run MAKEDEV audio to get them. Is this
a bug, a quirk of my system or a new default?

wmaker dies (reproducibly, but not every time) when lunching netscape 4.5
and switching to VC before netscape starts. Has anybody else noticed this?

I am posting these here to see if they are actually bugs or just a quirk
of my system. Any confirmation of these will let me know I should file a
bug report. Thanks all,

 Frisco Rose	rosef@eou.edu

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."    Isaac Asimov, Foundation
Summary Information:
  Name:		Frisco Rose
  Source:	ftp.us.debian.org
  Method:  	3 1/2 Floppy rescue disk, other images on a mounted
 		partition
  Machine:	486 DX/2-66MHz, 32MB, 1.1GB & 1.6GB IDE, 33k modem,
		MOZART sound card, Cirque Track Pad (ms, 2 button),
		ATI Graphics Xpression 2MB, 14" SVGA non-interlaced.

Notes: none.

Here is my partition table:

Disk /dev/hda: 1033.60 Mb
	/dev/hda1 Pri ext2fs 9.85 M 	on /boot
	/dev/hda2 Pri ext2fs 1023.75 M 	on /
Disk /dev/hdb: 1667.54 Mb
	/dev/hdb1 Pri FAT-16 200.82 M	on /fat16
	/dev/hdb2 Pri SWAP 64.97 M	as swap partition
	/dev/hdb3 Pri ext2fs 1401.75 M	on /home