Re: debian.ch AGM and possible BSP - 2015-01-30 -> 2015-02-01

On 03/12/14 08:26, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Le mardi, 2 décembre 2014, 20.34:24 Daniel Pocock a écrit :
>> The event definitely looks interesting, but it also appears to clash
>> with FOSDEM[1] dates.  Are many people going to FOSDEM this time and
>> will it have any impact on achieving a quorum at the AGM?
> It does indeed clash, and that's certainly unfortunate. That said, it's
> too late to change the date (of the week-end I mean, not of FOSDEM).
> Also, neither swiss law or our articles of association impose a quorum,
> and the AGM can validly take place given two weeks of advance notice per
> email to all members.

Technically that sounds OK.

I personally don't know if I'm going to FOSDEM yet but if I don't then I
may be able to make the trip over to the BSP.  I notice that it is about
3.5 hours each way for somebody from Zurich and it is 50 CHF each way
from Zurich with the half price card.

It would be useful to get other people's opinions.

Regardless of the Swiss law and the constitution, it is also important
that debian.ch is now a Debian trust organization.  To maintain the
highest level of confidence in this system it is probably important to
have strong attendance by local DDs at any formal meeting such as the
AGM so if enough people say they can come then maybe it can be formally
announced as the AGM date, before the notice deadline and if not it can
just be a BSP.