Re: [Debconf13-ch] DebConf13 cooking

Hi all.

I allready talked with Marcus Moeller about exisiting "cooking
communities".

They usually cook vegan/vegetarian, are mobile (if no kitchen is
availble), use regional and seasonal food, only use non-genetically
modified food but use organic food. I know for example, that the
Freiburger Maulwürfe cooked during the whole klimacamp [1] in Chur,
Switzerland last year.

Here a list of kitchens I met:

* Fläming Kitchen von BadBelzig [2]
* Freiburger Maulwürfe [3]
* Rampenplan von Netherlands [5]
* Fahrende Gerüchte Küche Berlin [4]

I personally know Wam Kat<mir@wamkat.de>  from Fläming Kitchen. That
would be a person to contact an get an cooking offer/bid.

A very small group (3-4 people including me) is forming in
Liechtenstein such a cooking collective but we are too unexperienced
to make a bid for the DebConf 13. But I can imagine that we support
one of the kitchen that have the experience to cook for 100-300 people.

Sounds great, Sacha ;)

I already spoke to a friend of mine (as promised on the last meeting) and she said that she have planned cooking for 50 - 1500 ppl in the past.

She would calculate about 10 - 15 CHF per day/person with two warm meals.

Also a cooking crew of about 8 ppl + 4 -5 ppl cleaning up the dishes would be necessary.

I think she could assist us, doing the planning for the meals for two weeks, if necessary.

PS: Free Software and such cooking collectives have things in common
... both strive for a free society (and more).

Greets
Marcus