Re: [Debconf13-ch] DebConf13 cooking

also sprach Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> [2012.03.06.0803 +0100]:
> This means a total of 31.00 and 42.00 CHF, respectively.  I am
> currently offline, so I do not clearly remember if for the budget
> on the bid page I used this adult price or rounded to 45.00 CHF.

Just wanted to drop an idea: at the New Zealand Foocamp, usually
they bring in a group of people to do cooking "unprofessionally".
The food wasn't the most creative, but it was good. There are a few
dishes that can be cooked for several hundred people without that
much effort, especially if there are helpers willing to chop stuff.
I don't know how the payment works, but I would not have a problem
imagining that they do it for free and that the profit on every meal
goes to a non-profit organisation in the area.

It might be worth to check with local non-profits whether they have
ever done something like that…

--
 .''`.   martin f. krafft <madduck@d.o>      Related projects:
: :'  :  proud Debian developer               http://debiansystem.info