Re: [Debconf13-ch] DebConf13 cooking

Dear List

I allready talked with Marcus Moeller about exisiting "cooking
communities".

They usually cook vegan/vegetarian, are mobile (if no kitchen is
availble), use regional and seasonal food, only use non-genetically
modified food but use organic food. I know for example, that the
Freiburger Maulwürfe cooked during the whole klimacamp [1] in Chur,
Switzerland last year.

Here a list of kitchens I met:

* Fläming Kitchen von BadBelzig [2]
* Freiburger Maulwürfe [3]
* Rampenplan von Netherlands [5]
* Fahrende Gerüchte Küche Berlin [4]

I personally know Wam Kat <mir@wamkat.de> from Fläming Kitchen. That
would be a person to contact an get an cooking offer/bid.

A very small group (3-4 people including me) is forming in
Liechtenstein such a cooking collective but we are too unexperienced
to make a bid for the DebConf 13. But I can imagine that we support
one of the kitchen that have the experience to cook for 100-300 people.

Regards

Sacha Schlegel

[1] http://www.klimacamp.ch/
[2] http://www.facebook.com/FlaemingKitchen
[3] http://volxkuechefreiburg.blogsport.de/maulwuerfe/
[4]
http://www.kollektieframpenplan.nl/indexb.php?art_id=58&vlag1=3&vlag2=60
[5] http://fahrende-geruechte-kueche.de/

PS: Free Software and such cooking collectives have things in common
... both strive for a free society (and more).

Am 07.03.2012 08:58, schrieb martin f krafft:
> also sprach Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> [2012.03.06.0803 +0100]:
>> This means a total of 31.00 and 42.00 CHF, respectively.  I am
>> currently offline, so I do not clearly remember if for the
>> budget on the bid page I used this adult price or rounded to
>> 45.00 CHF.
>
> Just wanted to drop an idea: at the New Zealand Foocamp, usually
> they bring in a group of people to do cooking "unprofessionally".
> The food wasn't the most creative, but it was good. There are a
> few dishes that can be cooked for several hundred people without
> that much effort, especially if there are helpers willing to chop
> stuff. I don't know how the payment works, but I would not have a
> problem imagining that they do it for free and that the profit on
> every meal goes to a non-profit organisation in the area.
>
> It might be worth to check with local non-profits whether they
> have ever done something like that…

- --
Sacha Schlegel
Böngerta 15