Re: Bylaws in English

Excerpts from Luca Capello's message of Fri Feb 24 15:57:25 +0100 2012:
> [...]
> AFAIK no, but yesterday I forgot to say that at FOSDEM I was approached
> by Debian France, which is currently *not* a Debian Trusted Organization
> <http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution#item-9>, but it would like to
> become one.  Thus, they asked me about a French version of the bylaws as
> a starting point for theirs.

AFAIK the requirements to start an organization in France are not 100% the
same than in Switzerland. They will probably want to set up an "association
loi 1901", and it seems this type of organization needs to be declared to
the authorities if it plans to shuffle money around. This would be quite a
fundamental difference with the debian.ch organization.

What I want to say is that we probably won't be able to share much of our
swiss bylaws (in a copy-paste sense). They can merely take inspiration from
them, for which an english version should be sufficient.

We can also provide them with a loose french translation, if they don't
want to wait until a formal english translation is available (I can take
care of this translation if requested).

Cheers,
Marc