Re: [Debconf13-ch] Visit to the bunkers in Genève and LocationCheckList

Hi Marcus

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 07:33:40 +0100, Marcus Moeller <marcus.moeller@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> > Yesterday morning, Michele and myself visited two different bunkers in
> > Genève, together with people from Genève Tourisme (Bcc:ed).
> >
> > However, for various reasons (renovation, working going on, etc.), we
> > could not visit the two bunkers that were included in the proposition we
> > discussed at the last meeting: instead of visiting Vollandes and
> > Champel, we visited Richemont and Pâquis.  This is not really a problem,
> > because the two bunkers we visited are practically the same and we were
> > assured that the others as well.
> >
> >    <http://www.ville-geneve.ch/demarches-administratives/securite-prevention/location-dortoirs/>
> >
> > The bunkers do not actually look like bunkers: they are warmed, floors
> > are covered by tiles and the one in Pâquis also has GSM coverage (no
> > wired or Wi-Fi networks yet, though).  Still, they are underground and
> > they have no windows.  Pillows and sleeping sheets (including a cover)
> > will be provided, so there is no need for sleeping bags.
>
> If bunkers are an option, I would like to re-add Zurich as possible
> location. We could offer very cheap sleeping locations in bunkers and
> got a venue which should perfectly fit, here at the ETH.

Fair enough I'd say we could give you a last chance. Just until now
nobody from Zurich showed up with a detailed proposal. If you can
prepare a dossier which brings the same level as geneva and vaumarcus.
This means: preliminary talks with the potential venue about rooms and
prices, detailed information about the quality and price of the
accomodation, plan for catering, etc. The document about geneva in the
private git repository is a good example.

It just means that someone has to do the work and that someone has to
show up at the next meeting. The "genevians" have been quite active in
this regard, but nobody is against zurich in any way. I'd love to have a
similar offer from zurich.

Greets,

Gaudenz

> Greets