Re: Procedures regarding AGM 2010

Hi there!

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 10:19:08 +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> On 10/12/2010 09:01 AM, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Did he/she just fail to send the mail or did he actually disapprove? In
>> the first case you could just ping him/her once more.
>
> disapprove of the content of the protocol.

I guess it is me, and for...

>> I did not see any disagreement on the list to this motion and I'm
>> therefore quite surprised by this outcome. Could the disapproving
>> member please state his/her reasons for this (if it wasn't pure lazyness).
>> IMO in debian.ch we should be open about this.

...in the private email received about the motion, there is no
indication that the comments should go to this list, but only to
<info@debian.ch>.  I do not have any problem being open, and actually I
am all in favor of that, which is why my full email is attached.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

--- Begin Message ---
Hi Daniel!

Thank you for the minutes.

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:40:42 +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
>   * Express their approval or disapproval by appending this protocol
>     (everything between the -=-=- lines) with a statement like 'I hereby
>     do approve this protocol' or 'I hereby do not approve this
>     protocol'.

As a pro forma, I hereby do not approve this protocol.

>   * Digitally sign the whole thing with their OpenGPG key. Please do
>     use a key that has two or more signatures from Debian Developers.

For 'Debian Developers' or 'Debian Mainatainers' this should be "please
use the key present in the Debian keyring".

> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> This is the protocol of the AGM 2010 of debian.ch
>
>   Date:  Thursday, 20th May 2010
>   Time:  20:00-21:00 (CEST aka +0200)
>   Place: irc://irc.debian.org/debian.ch (OFTC)
>
> The full IRC log of the meeting is archived on:
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~daniel/debian.ch/agm-2010/

Given that the log is public, this must be hosted under
<http://debian.ch/>, probably the best option is to add it to the Git
archive at <http://git.debian.ch/v/docs.git>.

Suggestion for the next AGM: record into the bylaws (or if not required
mention that in the minutes) that the debian.ch Git archive must be used
for anything related to debian.ch.

> 1. People
>
> The following people were present:
>
>   * Luca Capello, president
>   * Martin F. Kraft, treasurer
>   * Daniel Baumann, actuary
>
>   * Axel Beckert, member
>   * Didier Raboud, member
>   * Gürkan Sengün, member
>
>   * Iustin Pop, guest
>
> The following people were excused:
>
>   * Adrian von Bidder, member
>   * Gaudenz Steinlin, member
>

> 2. Reports
>
> 2.1 Final Financial Report for 2009
>
> Martin informed us that:
>
>   * The year ended with a balance of CHF 5'844.88.
>   * There were CHF 760 of donations, three of them qualifing as patrons.
>   * Most of the profit of CHF 3'215.11 was made with merchandise sale.
>
> The full sheet can be seen below as Appendix 1.
>

> 3. Motions
>
> 3.1 Updating Euro Exchange Rate
>
>   * It was agreed to update the fixed exchange rate for EUR -> CHF,
>     which was introduced during AGM 2009 for making the treasures life
>     easier, from 1.50 to 1.45 to match reality [3 yes, 0 no, 3 abstain]
>

> 4. Bylaws
>
> 4.1  Changing the Legal Seat from Zurich to Bern
>
>   * It was agreed to move the legal seat of debian.ch from Zurich to
>     Bern, for reasons listed in
>     http://lists.debian.ch/community@lists.debian.ch/2010/msg00069.html
>     [4 yes, 0 no, 2 abstain]
>
> 4.2 Updating Bylaws to current State of the Art
>
>   * It was agreed to postpone the rewrite of the bylaws. The current
>     draft can be seen here:
>
>     http://people.debian.org/~daniel/debian.ch/statuten-neu/

Again, please host any debian.ch-related document under the Git archive
at <http://git.debian.ch/v/docs.git>.

About this specific point, I do remember differently, and re-reading the
IRC log seems to confirm my memories:

  18:58:38 <dba> #agreed sending finalized bylaws arround for acks later on

This means that the rewrite of the bylaws is not actually postponed, but
is ongoing, given also that you German-speaking guys had already agreed
on some changes.

> 4.3 Translation of Bylaws
>
>   * Since the new bylaws are postponed, also the translations are
>     postponed.
>
> 4.4 Revised Membership
>
>   * It was agreed to change the bylaws so that only debian developers
                                                      ^^^^^^
Debian has the first letter capitalized, while debian.ch is always
lowercase.  Moreover, to be clearer, I suggest to always capitalize
positions in Debian, like 'Debian Developer', etc.

>     with permant resident in Switzerland or Lichtenstein, or,
           ^^^^^^^
s/permant/permanent/.

>     citizenship of Switzlerland or Lichtenstein can become
>     automatic members, rather than every debian developer.
>
>     Since the new bylaws are not yet ready, Par. 5 Abs. 1 of the current
>     bylaws is changed from:
>
>     "Registrierte Debian-Entwickler werden auf Anfrage als Mitglieder
>     von debian.ch aufgenommen."
>
>     to:
>
>     "Registrierte Debian-Entwickler welche einen staendigen Wohnsitz in
>      der Schweiz oder Fuerstentum Lichtenstein haben oder deren
>      Staatsangehoerigkeit besitzen, werden auf Anfrage als Mitglieder
>      von debian.ch aufgenommen."
>
>   * It was agreed to change the bylaws so that new people who are
>     neither debian developers nor debian maintainers need to show up
>     at the AGM that decides about their membership, if it's possible
>     within reason.

As far as I know, there was no previous indication of 'Debian
Maintainers' in the bylaws, but it was agreed on that AGM that we do not
need to specify them in the bylaws.  Thus, before talking about 'Debian
Mantainers' the minutes must mention that, which simply means moving up
the second point below.

>     Since the new bylaws are not yet ready, Par. 5 Abs. 2 of the current
>     bylaws is moved to Abs. 3 and a new Abs. 2 is inserted:
>
>     "Personen, die weder registrierte Debian-Entwickler noch Debian-
>      Maintainer sind, muessen an der Vereinsversammlung bei der ueber
>      ihre Aufnahme entschieden wird, sofern zumutbar, anwesend sein."
>
>   * It was not agreed to introduce a yearly membership fee of CHF 50.
>
>   * It was agreed that Debian Maintainers are equaly treated to Debian
>     Developers within all belongings. The bylaws do not need updates
>     for that.

This must be put before, maybe as the first point about membership.

> 5. New Members
>
>   * Iustin Pop, Debian Developer, became a member of debian.ch.
>
> -
> [Appendix 1]
>
> debian.ch settlement of accounts 2009
> =====================================
>
> Period: 12.12.2008 – 31.12.2009
>
> Starting balance: CHF  2629.77
>   Ending balance: CHF  5844.88
>           Profit: CHF  3215.11
>

> Category                Credit  Debit
> Donations
>   CRIL/Marc SCHAEFFER    500.00
>   Rolf Müller, Stettfurt         100.00
>   Michael Nydegger, Winterthur   100.00
>   Others                  60.00
>
> T-shirt & sticker production            4112.22
>
> T-shirt & sticker sales 6779.48
>
> Interest 2008              2.10
> Interest 2009              2.65
>
> Bank charges 2008                         39.60
>
> Domain fees                       34.00
>
> Travel costs AGM 2008            103.30
>
> Cheese @DebConf9                          40.00

> Totals          7544.23 4329.12

A proper formatting of the table above would be preferred.

Best,
Luca