Re: Interested to join debian.ch

On 18:23 Wed 08 Sep     , martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> [2010.09.08.1432 +0200]:
> > But I think we now require either permanent residency in
> > Switzerland or in person presence at the AGM to become a member.
> > So Xavier has to show up at the next AGM to become a full member.
>
> You are right.
>
> It was agreed that Art 5. (4) of the new bylaws applies only to
> people who live in .ch/.li or are Swiss/Lichtensteinian, so until
> Xavier lives here (primary residency), you have to show up at the
> AGM, which will be quarter I of 2011.

Ok. No problem at all.

> in the summer heat, I am sure. In the mean time:
>
> http://meetbot.debian.net/debian.ch/2010/debian.ch.2010-05-20-18.01.log.html#l-354
>
> I am sorry about this bureaucracy hitting you right away. We are not
> usually like this. ;)

No needs to further discuss it, I understand. I just sent a mail to the list to
say "hello Im not that far from Switzerland and willing to help". Being an
'official' member is another point and is not my main focus which is improving
Debian.

Hope to see you soon.

Greetings,
--