Re: Merchandise from debian.ch

Luca Capello schrieb am Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 10:31:18PM +0100:
> I was in the process of doing that and another question came to my mind:
> should we provide smooth "upgrades" adding redirections for the old
> merchandise.*.html pages?

Hmmm, if those pages have already seen a number of traffic, that would
be a god idea. Use "permanent" (i.e. HTTP Code 301) redirects if
possible.

> > Also, maybe some of us with French or Italian browser configurations
> > could try whether http://debian.ch loads in the expected language?
>
> I tested for Italian and it works as expected (i.e. in Italian).  I do
> not have any French browser ATM, but I can ask to someone in the lab
> tomorrow.

It's easy to test for everyone independent of the browser:

Works: GET -H "Accept-Language: de" http://debian.ch/merchandise
Works: GET -H "Accept-Language: en" http://debian.ch/merchandise
Works: GET -H "Accept-Language: it" http://debian.ch/merchandise
Works: GET -H "Accept-Language: fr" http://debian.ch/merchandise

> Now that I thought about it, another advantage of the merchandise/
> structure instead of the merchandise.*.html one is that if you load
> the former you automatically get the content in your browser
> language :-)

Works now, too, just go to http://debian.ch/merchandise without any
suffix. Just  http://debian.ch/merchandise.html doesn't work.
(madduck: Maybe I mixed the .xx.html vs .html.xx thing up with this.
With .html.xx the symlink for making the .html suffix worked wouldn't
be necessary.)

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X                                                | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)