Re: Merchandise from debian.ch

martin f krafft schrieb am Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 11:24:17AM +0100:
> also sprach Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> [2009.02.28.1057 +0100]:
> > While this is surely better for editors, etc. with index.html.*
> > you can use Apache's mod_negotiation without type map. With
> > index.*.html you need a type map to have automatically chosen the
> > right language initially.
>
> I have no idea what you are talking about; I use files like
> foo.*.html and negotiation works fine.

Really? Then this is a new feature in Apache. Never noticed. Didn't
work the last time I tried it (which could be that it was still Apache
1.3.x).

Then I'm fine with both. Sorry for the noise. :)

> Apart, I don't think there's a difference between merchandise.*.html
> and merchandise/index.*.html as you seem to suggest.

I thought I took care to not suggest merchandise.*.html and staying
with your suggestion although I indeed do prefer merchandise.*.html
slightly over merchandise/index.*.html.

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe@deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X                                                | abe@noone.org (Mail+Jabber)