Re: Debian SH3 port

On Monday 08 May 2006 13:19, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> It just runs 'dpkg-buildpackage', with some options. The problem is,
> mainly, that cross-building isn't supported by the majority of packages.

Wouter, what you meant with 'isn't supported by packages'?

> Yes, all Debian architectures currently compile natively.

What we could do in cases like building big, really big, packages that even
can make the build to fail because the CPU power wasn't enough and the
machine could not support the job and just segfault'ed?

(i got lots of segfaults when building natively gcc4 for sh3)

> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2006/01/msg00828.html>

Thanks for that! I'll wait Jonas to comment this and what people talked in the
last Debian Embedded meeting, almost 1 month ago, IIRC.

Regards,

--
caio[1982] begotti
http://caio.ueberalles.net