Re: Debian SH3 port

On Monday 08 May 2006 12:52, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > We wanna set it up with dpkg-cross to build sh3 packages,
>
> Buildd doesn't support that ATM. You can do native builds, or use distcc
> or similar tricks, but directly cross-building isn't supported.

That's the point :-) I suppose you know the buildd enough to explain how it
build things and why it could not be done, Wouter? Do you know if m68k and
arm builds are done natively or what? According the build times it is, but
I'd like to know if nobody have ever thought about it.

I'd also not care to make my sh3 machine useless in this care, laying it down
just to run the daemon, but some cross-building would rock...

Probably Jonas have more information how it could be worked-around. Anyway, we
got the daemon package built for sh3 and it just need some configuration to
test.

Cheers,

--
caio[1982] begotti