Re: sunffb xorg driver - was: Re: Bullseye planned on sparc64?

On 8/30/21 21:24, Gregor Riepl wrote:
>> I seemed to remember that you added a custom patch, didn't you?
>
> Actually... most of what I did was concerned with making the package
> buildable again. It contained some cruft and needed a bit of cleanup and
> re-alignment.

OK. If you have a patch for that, please post it to the list as this will
help me save some time.

> If I remember correctly, the XAA patch actually came from upstream, but
> wasn't properly released due to deprecation.

Good to know, thanks.

>> As for building the package, yes, I happen to know how to do that and the proper
>> way is using sbuild and not your normal environment :-).
>
> Everyone has their preferences. ;)
> But you're right, of course.

Using sbuild or pbuilder is not a matter of preference but building the package in
a clean environment so it doesn't depend on packages from your day-to-day system
which may not be available on other systems.

Packages uploaded to the Debian archive must always be built in a clean environment
and recently, the release architectures actually enforce builds on the buildd infra-
structure.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz