Re: Does '5.7.6-1' work on USIIIi for you? (was: Re: sparc64 kernel crashes, & using SAS/SATA drives instead of SCA/FC-AL)

Le lun. 13 juil. 2020 à 09:01, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> a écrit :
> I switched one of the buildds which has an UltraSPARC IIIi to kernel 5.7.6 and
> got this:

Looks like the crash I had, as far as I can remember.

Any idea about the workload at the time?
Is there a lot of parallelism in the build system, could the memory
have been saturated somehow?
On my side I was running at -j3 to force a bit of context switching
(SB has dual CPU), but there's 8 GIB in there and I don't think I got
close to the limit...

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau