Re: Does '5.7.6-1' work on USIIIi for you? (was: Re: sparc64 kernel crashes, & using SAS/SATA drives instead of SCA/FC-AL)

Le dim. 12 juil. 2020 à 14:38, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> a écrit :
> Sounds good. I will give it a try.

Thanks to Connor's message about Firefox, I discovered
snapshot.debian.org and could install the 5.6 that I couldn't find
before.
But I couldn't get it to crash with my GCC rebuild script, I gave up
near the end of stage 1 (so it had compiled, checked and installed
binutils/gmp/mpfr/mpc/isl).
Then I went back to 5.7 and tried again from the console, thinking
maybe the crash had to do with that.
Again, no crash.

I really don't understand; I had two crashes before but cannot induce one now...

Le dim. 12 juil. 2020 à 15:27, Gregor Riepl <onitake@gmail.com> a écrit :
> From what I can gather on the net, the GPU on this card is a 3DLabs Wildcat

I believe so; thanks for the links. I only mentioned the lack of X as
it could be a factor in the crashes.
If I really wanted to run X11 there in Linux (it should work on
Solaris), I have a spare XVR-100 to swap in that should be OK.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau