Re: sparc64 debian netboot chicken and egg

On 05/14/2018 05:18 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 05/14/2018 10:46 PM, Dennis Clarke wrote:
Oh no worries. I get it that this is a moving picture and nothing is
carved in stone.  I just wonder if there is a way to get back to a full
primary architecture with sparc64 as opposed to a lab project port.

It is absolutely possible and has been a subject of discussion for years
now. The main blocker is that Debian has not found any hardware sponsor
for new SPARC servers.

Let me see if I can reach out to some old friends.

Dennis

ps : Aren't the S-class systems based on a variant of the M7 CPU?
          yep.  not supported.  fairly certain of it .. but I'll check