Re: serial connection on debian on sun ultra10

Hi James,

On Wed, 2017-07-12 at 19:10 +0100, James Clarke wrote:

> I understand that your priority is most likely to get something
> working *now*, but staying on an old kernel is not a long-term
> solution. Please, do listen to us when we ask for *detailed,
> accurate* information about the kernel panic you are getting,
> otherwise the kernel will likely remain broken for you.
> Otherwise, you're welcome to download old kernels and play around
> with them, but please take the discussion elsewhere; we're not
> supporting such things here.

You're right, and i wanna boot a 4.x Sparc64 kernel. Maybe you are
willing to take al look at this Kernel bug post? And if I was
not detailed or accurate with this thread, please let me know.

https://marc.info/?l=linux-sparc&m=148504527403700&w=1

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel