Re: serial connection on debian on sun ultra10

On Tue, 2017-07-11 at 21:13 +0200, sacarde wrote:

> I did experiment:
> I replaced kernel+initrd (4.5.0) in deb-9-iso
> with kernel+initrd (3.2.0) from deb-7.11-iso

Are you able to release this iso for downloading, os i can test it?

> and running this iso I not have kernel-panic, and installation deb-9
> starts OK
>
> may be a ram problem?
>
> can I install an old kernel during installation?

Good to know there a sparc 3.18.x kernel package, if i am well. Thats
what is needed at least for systemd running well.

You always can cp the kernel and drivers from iso to disk, for testing
purpose, if you want to. Check if firmware parts are needed. Adrian
told me he doesn't wanne build the 3.x kernel package for sparc64.

Thanks,

Frans van Berckel