Re: Booting an LDOM (can't find kernel)

On 2016-07-26 07:44, rodent@NetBSD.org wrote:
On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 07:31:38PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 07/24/2016 06:50 PM, rodent@NetBSD.org wrote:
> Thanks for your help. Somehow, i made it through the install after selecting
> just the base utilities. The ldom has booted although it hangs on "Started
> Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes". Here's the dmesg:

I doesn't hang. The machine boots fine, you just need to enable a serial
console, that doesn't happen by default.

Please append "console=ttyS0,9600,8n1" to the kernel command line. A sample
silo.conf for these cases looks like this:

That line was what caused the installation to panic. I removed it after
another reinstall (after a series of reinstalls which failed using the same procedure) and it booted, arriving to the "Started Update UTMP about System
Runlevel Changes."

Now, any idea for how to access this image? I see sshd is not installed by
default.

You can also add it to the silo boot prompt.

I.E. - "Boot: linux console=ttyS0"

The kernel defaults to 9600,8n1 for serial consoles on sun gear, so you don't have to add if you don't want to. Granted if you don't add it to silo.conf you will have to type this on every boot.