Re: Booting an LDOM (can't find kernel)

On 07/24/2016 05:57 PM, rodent@NetBSD.org wrote:
> You're right. I skipped the informational bit where ext4 is not supported by
> SILO.

Oh, yeah. That part as well, I forgot about that. SILO has to be on a ext2
or ext3 partition and /etc/silo.conf is usually located on this partition.

Btw, the awesome guys at Oracle have prepared some patches for GRUB2 which
add SPARC support to GRUB so that we can switch to GRUB2 in the future
which make the boot process more robust. Unfortunately, GRUB2 upstream
is currently not very active, so these patches have not been merged yet.

> What's the current recommendation for the "Configure the package
> manager" stage regarding mirror and directory?

When asked for a mirror, use:

* http://ftp.ports.debian.org

with the directory:

* /debian-ports/

You still need to skip "Select and install software" though since
the package "debian-ports-archive-keyring" is missing in the target
system. You can, however, do that later once the system has rebooted
after the installation.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz