Re: Sparc status ?

No, that is not accurate.  The main reason is that there are a number of
issues with the sparc port currently that are not being addressed
because apparently nobody is interested enough in the sparc port to fix
the issues.

OK, what are the major issues and the bug # assigned to them? I'd like to keep sparc alive, I have working hardware, and I am very knowledgeable in C/C++ and to a lesser extent SPARC assembly.

The debian.org sparc machines do not work reliably with recent kernels.
That is not sustainable.

That sounds bad. Suppose I have a kernel that I believe will resolve the issue. What is the process to test and verify that it's OK?

Cheers,
Julien